In this varied internship you will be working collaboratively with our team of researchers to:
- Design communications and visual prototypes for some of our most exciting projects, spanning from sexual and reproductive health in refugee camps, to an academic project on illicit drugs and conflict.
- Design a range of graphics, social media assets, pitches and other public-facing documents to bring our work to life.
- Help upskill staff in basic InDesign software by troubleshooting and offering advice.
The Top Things We’re Looking For
- Self-motivated with a can-do approach, ability to work collaboratively, flexibly and independently
- Demonstrable experience in creating a range of beautiful bold designs
- Experience of working to briefs in a timely manner
- Proficient with InDesign
- Experience in implementing Human-Centred Design approaches
- Motivated by PositiveNegatives mission
- Experience of creating impactful issue-based graphics and campaigns would be a bonus
Duration & Compensation
- £75 / day for approximately 12 days over 3 months (NB we anticipate this being around 1 day / week from September - December but we are flexible about days and hours for the right person)
PositiveNegatives is located at the Faber Building at SOAS, University of London in Bloomsbury. Our office will be available to you over the duration of the internship as a collaborative working space. Orientation and essential meetings with the team will take place there. Flexible working practices can be discussed and agreed upon further.
Please send a covering letter of no more than one page about why you would be suitable, along with a link to examples of your work, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.